Labels

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Home made gnocchi... Who knew it'd be this easy?

This evening I boiled three medium potatoes, mashed them, added two cups of flour and an egg and then kneaded it all together until it formed a firm and sticky dough. Then I formed thin sausages, cut them up into little 1.5cm long bits and squeezed them each with a fork. That's my home made gnocchis ready to be boiled for 3-5 minutes in salty water (until they rise to the surface)... and then eaten (by me and only me)!

Gnocchis are so stupidly easy to make - why did I never attempt it before? Ok - on their own they can be slightly on the boring side, but come on they only consist of three simple ingredients! That's why I added oven roasted mushrooms, crispy bacon, flat leaf parsley and (of course) garlic fried in butter (lots of it, yum). It looked delicious and it tasted delicious. And the best thing is that there is a portion left for lunch tomorrow.

Unfortunately there is no evidence that I cooked anything whatsoever tonight, because Iain took off to Europe last week - not with the camera BUT - with its battery charger. So again, you have to take my work for it. Or turn up at the next gnocchi event in Portage Bay :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment