Labels

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Groce-Out Torrontes!

Santa Ana Eco Torrontes, Argentina 2009:

What to say... We got this wine for $3.99 + tax (YES - £2.71 or even better: NOK 24.7!!). Was it worth it? Yes, I'd say I would also have been pleased at $15. 


The description on the bottle says:

The wine showcases a pale yellow colour (English English!) with green hues. Very typical and elegant aromas of white flowers and roses on the nose layered with citric notes. Crispy and smooth, the wine pairs well with seafood and mild to spicy cuisine. 

I'd agree with most of that. The wine is very aromatic and almost reminds me of a drier and more restrained Gewurtzraminer. We drank it with some chicken biryani that I threw together at our last Pandemic get-together and it complemented the food nicely.  I am always looking for good wines to go with spicy Asian cuisine so I am glad I came across this one. Not knowing how long it would be available for, Iain and I biked out yesterday and got ourselves another bottle to save :-) On the way I slid and fell (bike and all) into a muddy puddle. But that is an entirely different story.


No comments:

Post a Comment