Labels

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A visit from another planet

When I came home from work yesterday I was greeted by something unusually green clinging onto the bookshelf. I kid you not, this dude (no, he's not a cricket but rather a mantis - relatively unknown to us Northern Europeans) was just short of 10cm (about 4 inches) tall and eyeing me up like he definitely thought he stood a chance (which he probably did - apparently they have blades for arms - WHAT?!). Ok fair enough, to a human the mantis is not dangerous in any sort of way (unless it is one of the madhouse sized bastards) - but Iain is under the strange impression that these little monsters are 'cute'. Ok look at the picture below and maybe you'll agree. Then look on the wikipedia entry (click here!!), scroll down to the first picture on the left hand side and then cry your eyes out. That creature was in my home yesterday. 







No comments:

Post a Comment